The third annual Silicon Beach Fest 2014 kicks off tonight! It all starts at the Viceroy Hotel in Downtown Santa Monica to celebrate the best of LA’s flourishing technology industry. The four-day festival brings together technology leaders, startup CEOs, investors, Hollywood studio executives, entrepreneurs, city officials, university faculty, developers, social media experts and more.
Silicon Beach Fest 2014 will feature some of LA’s most prominent entrepreneurs and tech influencers, including:
- Patrick Soon-Shiong, visionary surgeon, scientist, and CEO of NANTHEALTH
- Frank Addante, Founder and CEO of The Rubicon Project, which recently had an IPO
- Chet Pipkin, Founder and CEO of Belkin
- Peter Marx, Chief Innovation Technology Officer, City of Los Angeles
- Julie Uhrman, Founder and CEO of OUYA
Silicon Beach Fest 2014 key events include:
- Keynote Speaker: June 19, 9:30am – 10am – Opening remarks from Silicon Beach Fest Founder Kevin Winston followed by Keynote address by Patrick Soon-Shiong, M.D.
- Startup Showcase: June 19, 4-6pm – Featuring 25 new startups pitching their companies in front of top investor judges for a grand prize.
- Women VCs/Investors: June 19, 11am – More than 30 women-led VCs, CEOs, developers, the largest collection of entrepreneurial / developer women at a LA event. This one focuses on investors.
- Gadget Sandbox: June 20, 12-6pm – With “tech you can touch,” live demos of 3D printing, augmented reality, virtual reality, and more.
- Beach Games: Surfing, volleyball, Malibu bike ride, and a pool party on Saturday, June 21.
In addition, the Silicon Beach Fest schedule is filled with executives from top companies such as 20th Century Fox, AdColony, Awesomeness.TV, BuzzFeed, City National Bank, Cornerstone OnDemand, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Demand Media, Disney ABC TV Group, DocStoc, DogVacay, DreamWorks Animation, Electronic Arts, Facebook, Fandango, Fast Company, FOX, Fullscreen, Gravity, Honda America, HUGE, Machinima, Maker Studios, Media Temple, Omaze, OpenX, Outbrain, Stubbs Alderton & Markiles, TaskUs, Technical Connections, The Honest Company, theAudience, United Talent Agency (UTA), Verizon, VEVO, Warner Bros. Media Camp, Weintraub Tobin, Yahoo! and Washio.
#SBF: Follow @SBFestLA or @DigitalLA on Twitter
and become a fan on Facebook at